Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Mein Kampf

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Mein Kampf

    Has anybody ever read this book? I recieved the book as a birthday present, last night I read the introduction which talks about the transalation, Hitler, and how the book is banned throughout much of Europe. I did get to read 15-20 pages of the actual book earlier and from what I gather it appears that Hitler was just going to have his way in everything in life and that regardless of how it affected others it his way or no way. I'm hoping the book can shed some more light into his views on the master race as that was my intention of asking for the book.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member R8R's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 9th, 2005
    Posts
    65
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Mein Kampf

    "Hitler was just going to have his way in everything in life"

    He wrote it while doing jail time, after earning a living as a wallpaper hanger.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member yankeebaseball's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 2nd, 2007
    Posts
    1,387
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Mein Kampf

    I have read it, also have read Hitlers World View, sort of the same book, minus 1000 pages lol.
    Nothing but the process is infinite
    Eternal, endless, indefinite

  4. #4
    Inactive Member jtw61194's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 20th, 2006
    Posts
    873
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Mein Kampf

    I was planning on trying to read it this summer. I'm an armchair historian and the Holocaust is something that peaks my curiosity in terms of man's inhumanity to man. Let me know how it turns out. I've got an excellent book on the Holocaust at school that really lays out how the Holocaust took hold of Germany and then the rest of Europe. I'll shoot you a PM tomorrow with the title, if you're interested.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member yankeebaseball's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 2nd, 2007
    Posts
    1,387
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Mein Kampf

    Best book on the Holocaust is , Primo Levi's Survival in Auschwitz, best first hand account I have ever read. Its not a long read either maybe 200-300 pages at most, brought me to tears, Ordinary Men is also a great read on the Holocaust as well, deals with the older men of the Nazi death squads, makes them personal in a way. Let me see, I have read a bunch of holocaust/nazi germany/wwII books.
    Nothing but the process is infinite
    Eternal, endless, indefinite

  6. #6
    Inactive Member jtw61194's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 20th, 2006
    Posts
    873
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Mein Kampf

    I can't remember the titles of most of the books I have read, because I got our public library to request them from Longwood University. They had one dealing with the Operation Reinhard death camps (Belzec, Treblinka, and Sobibor) and it was a fascinating read about the daily lives of those few who survived these camps and the doomed who didn't. Another one was written by a member of the Sonderkommando (gas chamber/crematorium workers) from Auschwitz-Birkenau. I believe I have the book "Ordinary Men." It's about police squads who were attached to the Einsatzgruppen shooting squads.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member yankeebaseball's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 2nd, 2007
    Posts
    1,387
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Mein Kampf

    Yeah thas it man, pretty good book. Very graphic in the detail of the men and what they had to do.
    Nothing but the process is infinite
    Eternal, endless, indefinite

  8. #8
    Inactive Member imported_MoonlightGraham's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 6th, 2004
    Posts
    2,142
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Mein Kampf

    yeah he started out as a painter didn't he? I know he wasnt a natural born German. I also read where he had a severe case of obsessive compulsive disorder, and had to iron his shirts twice a day. Not to mention he was a strict vegetian.

    Besides the fact that he killed millions of Jews (which is horrible), he accomplished quit a bit in Germany. Set up the highway system, volkswagon, got them out of a HUGE depression, and built a respectible military.


    Its hard telling what type of person he would have picked next to irradicat if he had not been stopped.
    [img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i42/stinmeister/untitled-2.jpg[/img]

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Mein Kampf

    A couple of years ago at a book signing, a guy put a copy of Mein Kampf inside the jacket to Hillary Clinton's book. She signed the book and as the guy was leaving a secret service agent noticed it wasn't her book and confiscated it. From what I remember she threw a [censored] fit and refused to give the guy back his book or any compensation.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  10. #10
    Inactive Member the_alienist's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 8th, 2006
    Posts
    597
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Mein Kampf

    What ol' Hil doesn't realize is that Hitler probably did more for the women's movement than she ever could.
    If it hadn't been for his desire to conquer, then the men would have never left to fight in the war and women would have never had to leave the home and work in the factories.
    Without Hitler there would have not been a Rosie the Riveter.
    I make Machiavelli look like a weenie.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •